Prayer Request for My Mother

As many of you know, I don’t write or talk about my family. I just have never felt comfortable doing so–it’s the Internet. There are a lot of crazy people on here. I prefer to keep my private life…private.

But I felt the need to share this with you. My mother(Joeann) has been battling Lymphoma now for almost a year. She went through 6 chemotherapy sessions and over 30 radiation treatments to get rid of a grapefruit sized tumor under her arm. Last week she went to the hospital for a scan to see if the cancer had gone into remission.

We got bad news today. Unfortunately the cancer has spread. It is now on her liver, stomach, in her breast, under her knee cap and on her rib cage. The good news is that these are all little tumors, and they are all Lymphoma. The bad news is that this type of Lymphoma is very aggressive.

She will be admitted into the hospital on Wednesday for seven days of aggressive chemotherapy. She is in her 70′s and this will take a heavy toll on her body. In later weeks, this treatment will expand to include an experimental treatment for Lymphoma that her doctors said has produced encouraging results in other patients.

Obviously she is devastated. Today she went in hoping to find out that her cancer had gone into remission. This was not the news that we had hoped to hear.

I ask you for these two favors.

1) Please pray for her.

2) Obviously she reads this blog. If you could drop her a quick note of encouragement in the comment section I will be forever grateful.

Fingers

Tags: ,

70 Responses to “Prayer Request for My Mother”

1. Michelle Lancaster says:

Many blessings of quick healing and recovery are with you, Mami Malloy. You will always be on our prayers. May God continue to watch over you and your family as we send well wishes of strength, positive energy and love! XoX!!!!!!

2. lfbill says:

Joeann,
    Thinking of you and asking God to travel your journey with you and show you his love.
    I’m praying that, with the Lord’s help, you will fuly recover, and live a long and healthy life in the company of your loved ones.
    Bill

3. L. Morgan says:

Joeann,
    I pray that Yahweh Rophey, LORD Healer, will touch you physically and heal your body fully. I also pray that you will feel His comfort and peace as you continue your difficult battle. I pray for your family, that they will also feel God’s peace.
    L. Morgan

4. Caroline says:

Praying for you, Joeann.

5. Sandi K Meurer says:

Joeann,
    These are the days that our Lord carries us in His loving arms. May you feel His love and be filled with His strength, as we can do all things through He who strengthens us. Know that you are in my prayers and will be until you are well again. You have one very special daughter you know. She loves you a lot. I have one like that, too. Or as we refer to it in my family, she would eat a bug for me. Even a crunchy one. Yup. That’s love!
    So may God’s blessings be on you both.
    Sandi K

6. Lisa says:

Hang in there mom, my prayers are with you. Any woman who could raise a crazy wonderful guy like Jason has to be made of titanium, so just stay strong!

7. Halei Long says:

Ms. Joeann,

My mom is battling this hateful disease right along with you. We both send our prayers that you will remain strong in God’s hands and feel His healing touch.

Halei

8. Praying for you Sweetie! God send His healing Word and give you all comfort! HUGS Love, Wandafay

9. Dawn says:

Joeann,
    I’m sending prayers up for you.
    Dawn in Tennessee

10. Hi there Ms. Joeann
    God is able to meet every need you have. He loves and cares for you and hates that you are going through this. He is there with you – through every moment – and will be in the coming weeks and months. I’ve added you to my prayer list and want you to know that I am praying for you by name every day.

“He promises to strengthen us in all our difficulties.” Isaiah 41:10

Kate from Oregon

11. bridget says:

My family is praying for you – find strength in the silent circle of love, prayer, and support that surrounds you.

12. J.R. says:

Prayed for healing in the name of Jesus so the Father might be glorified in the Son!

13. Kevin says:

My prayers are with you both. Loved ones need support too.

14. Alex Forbes says:

You are in our prayers! Hold fast to Jesus, who will keep you safe in everything.

15. Kris Fluary says:

Joeann, Last night I said a special prayer for a very special person, and when I woke up this morning I said another one, and will continue praying for you everyday I asked God to wrap he’s arms around you and not to let go. Sometimes things get hard for a reason and I think those are the times that God carries us, and makes us stronger in the long run, which is hard to see right now but you will see down the road, you are so strong and such a fighter. Joeann you are amazing and one of the most carring people I know and my heart is with you and your family, so get well soon because Pauline and I are coming to see you when you get back home.

My heart is with you,

Kris

16. Penne says:

Dear Joeann,
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. Joeann you are strong in faith you always have been. May God hold you in the palms of his hands and rock you through your treatments.
    Love,
    Penne

17. Valerie says:

Ms. Joeann,

I pray for your healing and send my love and blessings in your time of need. God is with you every step of the way and all things are possible!

18. w.b.d and family says:

Our prayers are with you!!

19. Randall Hodge says:

I think it would help me if a stranger let me know he was thinking about me, so here you go.

I KNOW it would help me if a stranger said a prayer for me. You got that too.

Each and every day is good.

You gotta lotta fans, ma’am. :)

20. Joeann,
    You’ll be in my thoughts. You’ve got alot of people pulling for you.

((((((((Hugs))))))))